Mobility123 is an approved MLTSS provider in New Jersey for a several major insurance companies. If you are inquiring about Home Modifications and/or Vehicle Modifications, we're can help. You must first speak with your case manager and obtain a pre-authorization from your insurance provider prior to the installation of equipment.
What is Managed Long Term Services and Supports (MLTSS)?
Managed Long Term Services and Supports (MLTSS) refers to the delivery of long-term services and supports through New Jersey Medicaid's NJ FamilyCare managed care program. MLTSS is designed to expand home and community-based services, promote community inclusion and ensure quality and efficiency.
MLTSS uses NJ FamilyCare managed care organizations (also known as HMOs or health plans) to coordinate ALL services. Currently, NJ FamilyCare members have their acute and primary health care services and their home and community based services coordinated by different care management agencies. MLTSS provides comprehensive services and supports, whether at home, in an assisted living facility, in community residential services, or in a nursing home.
Participants previously enrolled in one of the following Medicaid Waiver programs were automatically enrolled in MLTSS effective July 1, 2014
- Community Resources for People with Disabilities (CRPD)
- Traumatic Brain Injury Waiver (TBI)
- Global Options for Long Term Care (GO)
Managed Care Organizations (MCO)
Unlike the previously administered Medicaid Waivers, which were coordinated by independently contracted care management agencies, MLTSS uses a managed care approach. At this time, NJ contracts with these five MCOs to administer NJ FamilyCare, including MLTSS:
HOW TO APPLY FOR MLTSS
The MLTSS application process will vary depending on whether or not an individual already has NJ FamilyCare.
INDIVIDUALS WHO CURRENTLY HAVE MEDICAID:
Regardless of age, all individuals who currently have Medicaid
must contact their assigned MCO to initiate an assessment for MLTSS
INDIVIDUALS WHO CURRENTLY DO NOT HAVE MEDICAID:
- Adults (21 years of age and older): Contact your County Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC) or your County Welfare Agency (Board of Social Services) to initiate an assessment for MLTSS eligibility.
- Children (20 years of age and younger): Contact the Division of Disability Services at 1-888-285-3036 and follow the prompts to speak with an Information and Referral (I&R) Specialist to initiate an assessment for MLTSS eligibility determination.
How to qualify for MLTSS?
A person can qualify for Managed Long Term Services and Supports (MLTSS) by meeting these established Medicaid requirements:
- Financial Requirements - These include monthly income, as well as total liquid assets.
Note that for children applying for MLTSS, and who meet the nursing home level of care, parental income and resources are not counted in determining financial eligibility.
- Clinical Requirements - A person meets the qualifications for nursing home level of care, which means that the person requires assistance with activities of daily living such as bathing, toileting and mobility.
- Age and/or Disability Requirements - These involve age requirements whereby one must be 65 years or older; and/or disability requirements whereby one must be under 65 years of age and determined to be blind or disabled by the Social Security Administration or the State of New Jersey.